Many Inventors trying to get their product ideas selling are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I would supply a report on some for the reasons you could have gotten terminated. It does not cover every reason you could get rejected, but hopefully it will give you something to think about.
You really have to realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers on the net game! Yes, you still need to undertake a good idea but you will find that it doesn’t matter how to obtain a patent good an idea you might imagine it is you can still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all time. Even if it does not make sense to you that they will reject an example that they agree that i see profitable. Below are some common reasons why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. The company may presently have a full-line of services not wanting to add more.
2. Urge for food is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission to the wrong part of the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it on the right one.
4. You sent one does this program unsolicited without contacting the company first to observe their submission policy, to begin with rejected it solely on that agreement.
5. You didn’t have proper contact regarding your the distribution. (That is one of the most effective mistakes Inventors make. An additional will not bother to monitor you on paper.)
6. They have too many similar products and that marketplace is flooded enough.
7. Your idea interests a little niche market and besides mass market items.
8. Costly to manufacture versus the return on investment is simply high.
9. Your sales sheet did not WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with too much information to sort with the aid of.
10. Your products has happened to be patented by someone else and don’t want to see if they can go around it or risk infringement elements.
11. Goods or idea isn’t better than what is definitely on the marketplace. This tells them you did not research your idea very well and Getting A Patent do not need a clue who the competitors is in the industry.
12. You sent a specific thing that is exactly like their current product and that current set up is a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare any better.
13. Your idea is outdated or is on the downswing whenever compared with what isn’t too far off out a year later.
14. They already have a better solution than yours their works for release that coming . (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea although the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, etc prior on the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. This happens a significant. Inventors forget that they are not the sole ones inventing.)
15. They have received another similar idea from another Inventor and are working negotiations with that inventor ideas.
16. Include posted your idea unprotected online in a single of those invention posting sites where others vote on your product to verify that there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the company concerned whether any patent protection may allowed and turns it down in keeping with that send.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the running prototype on youtube and possess a significant quantity of hits. This again raises the concern whether any patent would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you should have an issued patent, help to they write a quick explore your patent they see that it has lapsed by way of non-payment of fees and features been lapsed significantly over the due encounter. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You’ve got patent, nevertheless was poorly written and doesn’t cover the particular product. (This happens a lot)
20. You then have a design patent and designing around your patent is an easy task, meaning that they should expect very little protection avaiable for purchase.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t take a outside ideas and doesn’t publicize i don’t know. So you get a rejection letter, but websites explain they just don’t look beyond the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have decided to the line for the year and therefore following year and aren’t open to taking on anything else at that time.
23. Simply consider items with a sales history they can review your item has never been being produced or sold stores or online. So that they really do n’t need to go ahead and take risk getting the first company selling it.
As I stated above these are a few within the reasons you should have your idea/product rejected the company. Really take time to plumbing service and understand your market, your put into that market and homework part to make yourself as marketable as is feasible.